The superintendent of schools is the final authority on the closing of school due to inclement weather or other emergencies. Announcement of school closings or delays will be made as early as possible. PLEASE DO NOT CALL THE SCHOOL since telephone lines must be kept open. If no report is heard on radio or TV, it can be assumed that school will be in session.
Forms of Communication:
• Inclement weather information will be sent home to parents before the inclement weather season begins.
• A weather hotline is available by calling the Greater Clark County Schools Administrative Offices. The number is 812-288-4802, option 1.
• Local radio and TV stations will be notified of closings/delays.
• The district’s status will also be posted on the website and social media sites.
• A School Messenger notification will be sent regarding a delay or closing of school during inclement weather by 6:00 a.m. In the event that school is delayed and weather conditions deteriorate, an announcement to close schools will be made by 7:30 a.m.
Important Note: Please schedule vacations one week after the last student day to allow for possible make-up days.