We are sending a bus to take you to Charlestown’s award-winning schools!
Enjoy a small-school atmosphere with the latest technology, academic offerings, and athletic opportunities.
Why Choose GCCS?
- EARN 60+ college credits while in high school.
- 7 Advanced Placement courses and various rigorous curricula to explore career interests and to prepare students for postsecondary opportunities.
- Competitive sports programs with state-of-the-art athletic facilities including an artificial turf football field, modern tennis complex and more.
- Award-winning programs in fine arts, radio/TV and more.
- CHS students can earn a Statewide Transfer General Education Core allowing students to start their college education as a sophomore.
- Advanced Placement courses and multiple Academy choices help students explore their interests and prepare for great careers and/or college after graduation.
- Get involved in one of the school’s many extra curricular activities, including football, marching band, archery, wrestling, theater and more.
The Henryville bus will take students to Pleasant Ridge Elementary (primary grades), Jonathan Jennings Elementary (upper grades), Charlestown Middle School, and Charlestown High School. Students also have the option to take classes at Prosser, with transportation provided.
COMING SOON: Charlestown Elementary School, a brand-new, state-of-the-art building, will house grades pre-K through grade 5.
Watch this video to learn more about the new elementary school!
Greater Clark County Schools is proud to claim the highest graduation rates in our region.
Greater Clark County Schools: 93.30%
Borden-Henryville School Corp.: 79.67%
Clarksville Community Schools: 56.35%
New Albany Floyd County Schools: 82.75%
Scott County Schools District 2: 81.03%
Silver Creek School Corp.: 81.95%
Southwestern-Jefferson Consolidated Schools: 86.32%
*Class of 2022 Non-Waiver Graduation Rates
Total Dual Credits Earned for the Class of 2022
Charlestown High School 2,655
Jeffersonville High School 6,947
New Washington High School 1,331
Total Dual Credits Earned by GCCS Class of 2022: 10,933
That’s a Savings of $ 2,186,600*
*Calculate 10,933 credits by $200/credit hour