The Indiana Department of Health (IDOH) has issued new COVID-19 guidance for K-12 schools. That updated guidance can be found here: IDOH Updated COVID guidance.pdf
After working closely with the Clark County Health Department, Greater Clark County Schools will be making the following changes:
- Effective Monday, February 21, 2022, face coverings/masks become optional (parent choice)
- If a staff member or student tests positive (regardless of vaccination status)
- Stay home and isolate for 5 days
- Return to school Day 6 if asymptomatic or symptoms are resolving and continue to mask for 5 days (if unable to mask properly at all times, must remain isolated at home for full 10 days)
- Fever-free (100.3 or less) for 24 hours without medication and other symptoms improving
- Can resume extracurricular activities on day 6 if able to wear a mask properly at all times through day 10.
- Contact tracing is no longer required by the Indiana Department of Health. Therefore, your child will not be quarantined unless they test positive for COVID-19. If your child is currently quarantined, they may return to school on February 22, 2022.
- Due to federal transportation requirements, masks must still be worn while riding on a school bus (just like airplanes and city buses).
- If school data shows there is a cluster of positive Covid-19 cases (10% of absenteeism), a School Messenger message will be sent to inform parents.
- The last update to the Covid-19 school dashboard will be made on February 21, 2022.
We will continue to work with the Indiana Department of Health (IDOH) as well as our local Clark County Health Department and adjust our future guidance and policy as needed.